Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JumpIntoSummer #CollectiveBias
I love to take my kids on new adventures. As a mother, nothing brings me more joy than seeing their curious faces brighten. Moving to Oregon has made it even easier to explore as a family, because we are centrally located to so many different places. We can drive an hour and play on the coast all day, thirty minutes to find an old fashioned swimming hole, or just three minutes down the road for a day at our gym’s pool. When it comes to spending all day at the coast, my top priority is making sure they’re safe. That’s why the one thing that never leaves our pool bag is our Stearns® Puddle Jumper® 3D Life Jackets. Puddle Jumper® life jackets are US Coast Guard approved, they work for kids 30-50 lbs, and their comfortable design makes it possible for kids to play comfortably and securely. I love our Puddle Jumper® Life Jackets because they have a learn-to-swim design that is way more comfortable for little kids than the traditional life jacket that irritates the neck as it rides up. I’ve also noticed there’s less chafing with the helpful of the woven polyester. For me, in a house of boys, I’m particularly partial to the way the vest resists odor causing bacteria!
I’m going to share some of my tips for having the most successful day on the beach or coast. (Yes, I’m so PNW now that I can only call it the coast.)
- Allow a lot of time to just be and explore. I confess I’m a recovering over scheduler. I’m learning slowly, but surely, to allow time to experience things and just be. This summer, let’s be parents who let our kids take their time, experience, and enjoy.
- Pack snacks. Don’t let your kids get grouchy, I mean hungry. Pack snacks because swimming burns a lot of calories!
- Don’t forget sunscreen. I’m reminding you now. You’re welcome.
- Bring your camera. Girl, document these memories.
- Bring some toys. I grabbed my kids Puddle Jumper® life jackets at Target, and I also got some small sand and water toys in the dollar spot.
- Don’t sit on the sidelines. Don’t miss out on making a cameo in your children’s memories, because your body isn’t the way it was 15 years ago. Jump in, mama.
- Rest easy knowing your kids are in their Stearns® Puddle Jumper 3D Life Jacket. They’ll be hyped about playing with the fun 3D character in the water.
Caring for Puddle Jumper® life jackets is also incredibly easy! Simply rinse with fresh water to remove any impurities and hang to dry away from direct sunlight. With proper care, Puddle Jumper® life jackets can be incredibly long lasting!
Proper care is crucial, so avoid: tailoring your jacket, exposing it to direct sunlight, or drying in the dryer. All of these things can affect the product and can determine if they are doing their job!
I love how Stearns® Puddle Jumper® life jackets grow with kids. They can tighten for smaller kiddos, and get larger to accommodate them as they grow. My older son weighs 45 lbs and my little guy is 35 lbs, and both fit securely and comfortably.
Final Summer hack I wanted to share! I love to get these as birthday presents for summer birthdays. They are fun, with their cool new designs like PAW Patrol® and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® , but promote safety. Parents love them, because everyone knows practical gifts are the best! Friends, while my husband was in the military and we lived on several beaches, I became acutely aware of how easily it is for a small child to lose their life in tragic water accidents. Puddle Jumper® life jackets offer families the means to feel more secure in water.
I simply added a birthday card to the already fun life jacket, and just like that I have an incredible birthday gift!