Thank you to the makers of 5-hour™ TEA shots for sponsoring this post.
We are officially in the throws of the elementary school years, and I have to admit I thought things would slow down in this season of life. Seriously, I did. Can you believe that? We are certainly in an easier phase, in many ways less physically demanding on me when it comes to carrying kids, changing kids, etc. BUUT… we are a new type of busy, one that requires my energy and full intention as I navigate our days.
I think as moms we all want to live with intention, but we also want to combat the growing pressure to hustle, hustle, hustle. We are looking to use our time more effectively so we can show up and be more present with our families! Which is what inspired me to share some tips today for being more intentional as a stay at a home!
1) Tip number 1- Get dressed. I know how tempting it is to stay in pajamas or skip the bra when you know you’ll just be home all day. LIKE, I feel that. BUT… I also know how much more inspired I feel when I put on something cute, practical, and comfortable to chase after the kids in.
2) Tip number 2- Go hands-free. So, whether that means getting a carrier so you can wear your baby or a backpack for when you’re running errands. Find creative ways to keep those hands free. I was late to the backpack game, but I’ll never go back!
3) Tip number 3- Set timers. Timers are so underrated, you guys. I recently (very recently) started setting timers for just about everything. Think- cleaning, phone use, resting time. I never realized I was a visual person, but this has been so helpful to me.
4) Tip number 4- Know when to say no. Productive and saying no don’t always go hand in hand, but when I think productive I mean doing the things on your list really well. In order to do things fully and well, we have to learn to say no to things that won’t move us closer to our best self even if that’s hard.
5) Tip number 5- Don’t underestimate the power of caffeine. I am loving 5-hour™ TEA shots — I always find myself getting a bit of a mid-day slump when I pull into the loonggg after school pick up line, so it’s been nice to have one during that time. We all know how the evenings can be once your kids are school age, riddled with activities, making dinner, and homework. Each bottle contains zero sugar and four calories and is packed with vitamins, nutrients and about as much caffeine as a cup of the leading premium coffee. Plus, the caffeine in 5-hour™ TEA shots comes from real green tea leaves!
Being a mom is a hard and often thankless job, make sure to give yourself plenty of marginal time to enjoy the little moments. My biggest tips for success as a stay at home mom is to plan a little bit. Keep a general meal plan, add a couple out of the house activities, schedule a few nights with your spouse/friends. Above all, give yourself lots of grace! 5-hour™ TEA shots come in three delicious flavors – Peach Tea, Lemonade Tea, and Raspberry Tea. (my favorite!)
& you can learn more here and find 5-hour™ TEA at your local Wal-Mart store!