Summer is almost here, the kids are getting out of school, and you’re probably wondering how to get the summer started right. I thought I’d share my list of things I’m doing this June to inspire you. Would love to hear what you’re doing this month!
1) Join your summer reading program: If you’re a big reader or not, sign up and cash in on some fun freebies. Set a reading goal for yourself this summer, not just your kids. (Don’t forget to let your kids do the Barnes and Noble summer reading program as well.)
2) Go watch Incredibles 2 after it comes out on June 15th.
3) Target is having a Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Celebration in Select Stores on June 16th! Kids get to decorate a free Hot Wheels car and take advantage of a fun photo booth.
4) Visit a new park or one you haven’t been to in a while.
5) Have a picnic! Pick a fun location like a lake, park, or splash pad and kick off summer with a picnic lunch or dinner of your favorite foods.
6) Have someone take a photo of your family. A phone photo is fine, or schedule that photo shoot you’ve been talking about for years.
7) Have a family movie and watch a movie that was popular when you were a kid. Rent it from the library or find a free promo code from Redbox online!
8) Visit a splash pad! Anyone else love a splash pad day?
9) Go fishing on free fishing day. This is usually always in June, but varies state by state so check your state’s website!
10) Find a pretty free printable calendar for summer. Start filling in those activities you might have to avoid overwhelm/over-scheduling later.