I really am a fun mom.
There, I said it. Call me conceited, whatever. I’m always telling you guys to relish in your gifts. Well, here I am.. relishing in my gifts.
My gift is being fun as hell.
I thought I would take a few minutes to tell you guys what I feel you need in your house to maximize the fun you have in your house!
- Cleaning supplies, because fun is usually messy.
- play dough, make it or buy it.. ya need it
- finger paint. washable finger paint
- sidewalk chalk
- a kite
- bubbles (full disclosure: i hate bubbles, but kids are into them. into dumping them out..)
- age appropriate board games (so you can transform annoying kid evenings into FAMILY GAME NIGHT AND BONDING!)
- leftover party supplies. so you can turn an ordinary Thursday into LEGO or Ninja Turtles Thursday
- baking supplies. keep on hand stuff to make cookies or cupcakes
- a tent or a teepee or fort making supplies
- hot dogs
- crayons and markers
- coloring books (dollar tree, for the win!)
- outside toys
- kid size shovels
- LEGO bricks
- puzzles (again, dollar tree.)
- library books
- audiobooks (we like to get these from the library and hoopla)