I’m pleased to report that sharing my simple chicken salad recipe was very received by you guys. While I don’t plan on becoming a food blogger anytime soon, I have decided to share more simple recipes to make your homemaking journey easier and hopefully more delicious.
There is nothing as fall as apples. Okay, well maybe pumpkins. This weekend the boys and I read some cute apple books and baked an apple pie. The lazy way.
For making in the iron skillet, I personally prefer to use store brought crust. Any other pie, I say make it yourself.
2 store bought pie crusts
8 apples (I used some honeycrisp and some jazz)
a sticka butter.
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg white.
1/2 cup white sugar
(Preheat your oven to whatever your store bought crust says.)
- Thinly slice your apples and dump the white sugar on top of them and mix all that up.)
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in your iron skillet on the stove top
- Let the butter melt and the brown sugar blend in with that.
- Apply 1 pie crust to the put on the pan. Be sure to take it off the stove eye at this point.
- throw in the apple/ sugar combination.
- Add the other pie crust on top.
- Brush with the egg white!
- Bake for 55 minutes
Can I also recommend reading a Little House on the Prairie book or watching an episode? Every time I use my iron skillet, which is weekly I feel like Laura. Anyone else?